1Documentation for transfer of shares
1. Share transfer form
2. Board resolution
3. Letter of waiver of pre-emptive right
4. Old share certificate (from which shares are being transferred)
2Steps in completing the share transfer
1. Stamp duty needs to be paid on the share transfer form.
2. ACRA lodgement for transfer of shares need to be made.
3. Issuance of new share certificate and cancellation of old share certificate
4. Updating register of members and register of transfers
Please also not that if ACRA lodgement for transfer of shares is done by yourself as a director of company, incoming shareholder will need to login to bizfile website via their singpass to endorse the transfer of shares.
3Things to know about share transfer form
• Signatures of both transferor and transferee shall be witnesses by anyone who is more than 18 years of age except their spouse.
• Share transfer form can not be signed in counterparts. i.e. both transferee and their respective witnesses must sign on the same sheet of paper.
• Any change, overwriting or amendment on share transfer form must be countersigned by both transferor and transferee.
4Board resolution for transfer of shares
Board resolution for transfer of shares must approve transfer of shares and apart from it, it must resolve to cancel old share certificate and issue new share certificate. It shall also resolve to authorize affixation of common seal on the new share certificate as well resolve to update register of directors and register of members accordingly.
5Waiver of preemptive rights
Shareholders of a private limited company generally have preemptive rights which are given to them by the articles of association of the Company.
In case the share transfer is affecting this right, all non participating shareholders must agree in writing through this document that they agree to the proposed transfer.
Công ty Global Links Asia
Hotline: (+84) 0938 531 588